Friday, January 19, 2007

don't tell your mom anything

my advice to the lot of you is never tell your mom anything. at least, not if she's anything like my mom. which means she's a professional nay-sayer. this woman never has anything nice to say. she never practices what she preaches, either, but that's enough cliches. let's talk about her barrage of negativity questions earlier this week that prompted me to say "well, you're being so very negative right now that i'd just rather not even talk to you. so i'm going to go." to which she responded a very mature "FINE, then!" and we hung up on each other.

i don't understand why she can't ever be happy for me. she always has to say "but, what about this?" "but, what about THAT?" and this was in relation to the JOB news.

i am an adult. i make my own decisions. and i think i'm making the decision to never tell my mom anything any more.

especially because she took "i'm telling YOU now because it's too soon to tell people, but i wanted you to know," to mean "go tell everyone you know." (obviously this part was related to the baby.)

7 comments:

mm said...

:( Sorry. I can relate to having some mother problems.

{{hugs}}

Swami said...

I was very lucky and had an almost perfect mom.

I hope you and your mom can find a happy medium more often!

kim (weltek) said...

I hate naysayers. Sometimes I catch myself being one and abruptly find something good to say.

*hugs* It's apparently time to take a few weeks vacation from your mom. She should know better and just support you.

Puffy said...

Guess what? You're a mom now, too!
ARGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel. *hugs*

Debcapsfan said...

*sigh* Sounds like J with his mom. We think your job and your pregnancy are GREAT news. *smooch*

jenbeauty said...

never goes away sweetheart!! I just turned 40 and was getting lectured about going out that night!! LOL

*waves* I found you.....

kim (weltek) said...

Yooooohooooooo!?! Where are you cq? I hope you are are doing ok.